● Culture, Legal Tradition and Arbitration in Asia; Government Attitudes toward Arbitration; Public Policy Issues in Asian Arbitration: Arbitrability, Choice of Law and Enforcement; International Context: Important Issues Arising from the Discussions at the UNCITRAL Working Group on Arbitration and Conciliation.
● Arbitral Award Review by State Court Under Public Policy Requirement; Theory and Development of Mediation in Asia and Elsewhere; Institutional Mediation, Ad Hoc Mediation and Their Relations with Arbitration; Mediations for Different Kinds of Disputes, such as IPR, Government Contract, Construction, Labor Disputes, etc.; Recent Development of the New York Convention.
● Recent Development of Commercial Arbitration and Mediation in Other Jurisdictions; Financial Crisis, Corporate Governance and Arbitration; Arbitral Agreement, Enforcement and Expansion of Commercial Arbitration; Arbitration and International Investment & Trade.
● Cost and Time Effectiveness of Dispute Resolution; Practical Issues in Arbitration and Mediation; UNCITRAL Model Law and Rules & Domestic Legislations; Ethics and Issues in International Arbitration; Arbitration and International Investment & Trade.
● Fundamental Arbitration Issues; Cross-Strait Arbitration Issues; Investment Arbitration Issues; Issues Concerning Intellectual Property Rights, Taxation and International Trade Arbitration.
● Regional Experience and Some Fundamental Issues in Arbitration; Investment Arbitration – General; Investment Arbitration – in the Context of China; Designing an International Framework for the Enforcement of Cross-Border Mediated Settlement Agreements; Further Discussions on Designing an International Framework for the Enforcement of Cross-Border Mediated Settlement Agreements.
● Commercial Arbitration – Fundamental Issues and Quality Enhancement; Commercial Arbitration –Interim Measures, Remedies and Enforcement; Investor-State Arbitration – General Issues; Investor-State Arbitration – Remedies and Cross-strait Issues; Investor-State Arbitration – Specific Issues; Global Enforcement of Mediated Settlements.
● Fundamental and Specific Issues in Commercial Arbitration; Arbitration, Investment and Trade; Arbitration of Corporate Disputes: Germany. Japan, Taiwan and the United Kingdom; Arbitration in National, Regional and Sectoral Contexts; Global Enforcement of Mediated Settlements.
● Government’s Role in Promoting or Attracting Commercial Arbitration; Procedural Issues and Substantive Law Issues in International Commercial Arbitration; Recent Development of International Commercial Mediation; Issues in Investment Arbitration.
● Fundamental Issues and Recent Development in Arbitration and Mediation; Investment Dispute Settlement Mechanisms; Language Issues in Arbitration Procedure; Implications of Mega Projects for Investment/Commercial Arbitration – ‘One Belt One Road’ as an Example; Round-table Discussion on the Draft New Arbitration Rules for CAA’s International Arbitration.
● Defining the Nature of an Arbitration as Institutional or Ad hoc; Distinctions between Institutional and Ad hoc Arbitration in Their Duties/Powers, Quality Assurance and Transparency, Setting Aside and Their Uses; Institutional as Opposed to Ad hoc Meditation; Preference of Mediation in Asia; Issues in Investment Arbitration.
● New Interactive Relations between Court Systems and Arbitration; Relations among Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation; Ex Aequo et Bono and Lex Mercatoria in International Arbitration; Issues within Commercial Arbitration Regime; Issues in Investment Arbitration.
● Reform and Fundamental Issues in International Arbitration; New Development of Evidentiary Rules in International Commercial Arbitration; The Implications of Singapore Mediation Convention; Reforms of the ICSID Rules; Some Specific Issues of International Investment Arbitration.